3,142,293,476 sq. ft.
112.7 sq. miles
EcologyFund for Kids: Contests
The winner of the November 2000 contest has been selected!
Here is our winner:
The clue was:
Click here to see a larger version
The answer was:
Thick Billed Parrot
Based on the following clues, identify this mystery animal and send us a drawing (see contest rules below). We will post the winning drawing with the artist's first name, town, state, and grade on the site:
- I am an endangered animal.
- I eat pinecones, juniper berries, and acorns that I find in the forest.
- I used to live in Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico, but now you can only find me in the wild in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico.
- The number one threat I face in the wild in the destruction of my native habitat due to logging.
- My body is bright green, and my forehead and wings are covered with dark red patches.
* Hint: You can find a picture of me in one of the "More Information" sections on the main part of the EcologyFund site.
Our next contest will be announced soon!
Contest Rules and Restrictions:
- If possible, please send us a scanned copy of your picture with the answer to: Contests@EcologyFund.com. Otherwise, please send us the original drawing. If you would like to send us a disk or a hard copy of your drawing, please send it to: Contests@EcologyFund, 216 E. Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104. We will be unable to return any submissions.
- Include only your first name, town, state, and grade with your entrance. Please do not send us any other personal information.
- Contest restricted to participants 14 years of age and younger.
- We will pick the best drawing from the submissions with the correct answer as the winner.
Children's Privacy Statement